Marquis Top Doctors

Patrick Joseph Connolly, MD

Title: Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, Orthopedic Surgeon
Company: UMass Memorial Medical Center
Location: Skaneateles, New York, United States

Patrick Joseph Connolly, MD, professor of orthopedic surgery and orthopedic surgeon at UMass Memorial Medical Center, has been recognized by Marquis Who’s Who Top Doctors for dedication, achievements, and leadership in orthopedic surgery.

With 30 years of experience to his credit, Dr. Connolly has excelled as professor of orthopedic surgery at UMass Memorial Medical Center since 2004. Although his work and responsibilities vary over time, 80% of his work week is dedicated to patient care, while the remaining 20% is devoted to education and clinical research. He began his career as a professor of orthopedic surgery at the State University of New York Upstate Medical University Hospital from 1993 to 2003.

Before embarking on his professional path, Dr. Connolly pursued an education at Montclair State University, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts in physical education teaching and coaching in 1977. He continued his academic efforts at Columbia University, pursuing pre-medicine and pre-medical studies from 1979 to 1980. He concluded his studies at Northwestern University, graduating with a Doctor of Medicine in 1984.

In addition to his primary vocation, Dr. Connolly remains affiliated with various organizations in relation to his areas of expertise. He was a member of the Scoliosis Research Society, the Cervical Spine Research Society, the American College of Surgeons, the American Orthopedic Association, the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, and the American Owners and Pilots Association. In light of his impressive undertakings, he has accrued several accolades throughout his career. He received multiple awards for research in his field.

One of Dr. Connolly’s most notable achievements was the establishment of a spine service at the University of Massachusetts, which provides clinical care and conducts research. With impressive experience, he was well-suited to developing a spine center, which was non-existent when he arrived at the UMass Memorial Medical Center. He also established a spine trauma service, which was not present before his arrival.

Dr. Connolly credited his achievements to his loving wife and his upbringing in a working-class neighborhood in Brooklyn, New York. Despite facing various challenges growing up, he developed resilience and perseverance that aided in his success. In the immediate future, he hopes to enjoy spending time with his grandchildren and providing excellent patient care while maintaining good health. Additionally, he hopes to sustain the spine division. He also hopes to hike the 46 peaks in New York State.

For more information, please visit: 

LinkedIn

Contact Dr. Connolly:

Share with:

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn

More to explore

Yulia Logacheva, MD

Title: Administrative Laboratory Assistant Company: Anaheim Clinical Trials (ACT) Center of Excellence Location: Anaheim, California, United States Yulia Logacheva, MD, Administrative Laboratory

Whitney E. West, MD

Title: Physician Company: Helen Keller Hospital Location: Madison, Alabama, United States Whitney E. West, MD, physician at the Helen Keller Hospital,

Suleiman Ijani, MD, CCDS, CMQ

Title: Founder and Chief Executive Officer Company: Dadpuzzles, LLC Location: Tempe, Arizona, United States Suleiman Ijani, founder and chief executive officer

Archives
Categories